An Integrated Framework for Managing Scientific Data Stewardship Activities
posterposted on 30.07.2019 by Ge Peng, Jeffery L. Privette, Tom Maycock
Poster sessions are particularly prominent at academic conferences. Posters are usually one frame of a powerpoint (or similar) presentation and are represented at full resolution to make them zoomable.
• Scientific data stewardship management is a three- dimensional and interdisciplinary problem.
• U.S. government directives and scientific guidelines require a formal approach to stewardship activities supporting compliance verification and reporting.
• Many science data centers lack an integrated and holistic framework to support such efforts.
• The business- and process-oriented data stewardship frameworks tend to be costly and lengthy to implement.
• We present here a data-centric enterprise framework for managing scientific data stewardship activities.
This poster was presented at the 2019 ESIP Summer Meeting held in Tacoma, Washington.